As a junior software developer at Virtalis you will be working within an agile team to design, build and deliver the software that makes this possible. Your work will directly contribute to the immense value our customers get from using our products.
In this role, you will
- Develop features for our flagship software in close collaboration with team members
- Implement APIs and interfaces for consumption by other product components and used by customers, partners and community developers to customize (customer) implementations
- Contribute to refinement and estimation of work to deliver value to users
- Design and implement unit and integration tests to verify and sustain the product quality
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the development team and with other stakeholders by writing and maintaining developer documentation and participating in knowledge-sharing sessions and sprint demos
- Participate in collaborative development such as peer reviewing, pairing and swarming
- Collaborate to integrate components, for example output from other teams, third party libraries or solutions
- Develop a good understanding of our domain and the problems that we solve for our customers
What we are looking for
- Some experience programming in C++
- Some experience with 3D graphics APIs (such as OpenGL), 3D maths concepts, threading, STL, C++11 onwards
- You are familiar with a source control system such as SVN and/or Git
- Good grasp of algorithms and software development patterns
- Strong analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills
- A team player, eager to invest in personal and team growth
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Additionally, these are a plus
- Experience with engineering and industrial manufacturing data formats (CAD, PLM, MES, etc)
- Experience with VR, AR
- Experience with other programming languages & the ability to pick up new languages quickly and effectively
Working with us
Want to be a part of a small and close-knit, high-performing team? At Virtalis, we provide opportunities for continuous learning and self-development in a high-tech environment. We are constantly pushing the envelope in the engineering world to become more diverse. We offer a competitive package, which includes flexible working arrangements and plenty of additional perks as part of the Virtalis community.
Virtalis is changing the way enterprises run their businesses and how they collaborate with customers and suppliers. Our VR/AR software accelerates the whole product lifecycle, from initial design and engineering to training and up to maintaining and servicing products. Everyday we are pushing the boundaries to create more value for our customers.
We're looking for people who not only want to build a great product, but also want to contribute to a close-knit team.
Diversity and inclusion
At Virtalis we place focus on kindness, support and self-learning. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that nurtures and empowers our employees. We’re excited by what different backgrounds, experiences and abilities can bring to the Virtalis team, and we encourage anyone interested in this role to apply.
If you require any assistance during the application process, such as accommodating a disability or familial circumstances, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
We can’t wait to hear from you!